Follow along as I express myself through art!! I never know from day to day what I will be doing in art or in my posts! I am on a journey to create, trying not to set limits or boundaries that will constrain the outcome of my expression. I have tried setting limits in the form of challenges to myself, only to find I rebel against it. Realizing that I created this box I find myself in, I am removing all restraints...

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Crown Hotel


I am still working on finishing up with the Virtual Tours and was so inspired by looking at everyone's space and art. I have been in a bit of a desert creatively lately and was looking at the photo's I have taken so far this year. Well, if you take out pictures of my kids and new puppy, creatively speaking, I haven't done much. I need to get it in gear!! While I was looking at my pictures, I came across one I had totally forgotten about. In my small town there is an old, run down hotel used for apartments that has a vintage sign out front. On my trek around town, looking for photo opportunities, I took a picture. Played with it a little in Photoshop and posted it on my Facebook page. Not too long after that, I ran into a Facebook friend who really couldn't understand why I would take a picture of THAT hotel sign! She wondered if there was some kind of connection to the hotel (probably thought I was a little strange!). I remember wondering why did I need a connection to the hotel to need to take a picture of it! Why not just take a picture just because?

1 comment:

Heckety said...

What's the point of a digital camera if you don't do 'just because'? When you have to pay for developing and printing I can understand such a question! I once took a photo of my eldest as a toddler after the first time she tried feeding herself, and you can imagine it was some sight and my Gran wrote back to say it was a shame I hadn't cleaned her up before taking the photo! Talk about missing the point!!!

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.